Monday, October 27, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon Walk

Here are some pictures from an amazing walk I took last weekend (when I should have been writing a paper -- but it was SO worth it!). Not 15 minutes from where I'm living, and suddenly there is open country, and river, and so much sky. I took the walk with the junior deans (RDs) from the Vines (the other SCIO house, where I'm not living) and two other students. It was a trip in "the lovely fall-coloured Port Meadow, through the quaint town of Binsey, past cows and horses and an abandoned abbey to the famous Trout Inn -- to enjoy some food and drink amongst lovely country scenery." Apparently it was a favorite walk of Lewis and Tolkien, and there was even a statue of Aslan across the water.






(the old abbey)


(Oxford, across the water)

2 comments:

Jordan Magnuson said...

Gorgeous pictures... are those really with your old camera? J

AmelMag said...

Yes! Baba fixed it. Which made me really happy. I guess it wasn't really broken, just struggling since children played with it this summer. So now I have some really nice pictures, and some really blurry ones. Sigh.